Tapes, tapes, tapes!

Just finished digitizing two major components of my audio archive - the "Tape Sketchbook" series which consists of various studio experiments, song sketches and finished compositions, field recordings, raw material for sound collage, etc., numbering in the thousands and dating back to the early 80s + my four-track cassettes which contain the master recordings for many of the aforementioned works. 144 stereo "Tape Sketchbooks" + 65 four-track tapes + another 23 four-track cassette masters from the 80s belonging to my old pal Gregory Clifford Denton (including some of my compositions and many recordings I contributed to) for a grand total of 232 cassettes! It's a lot, and it was a huge amount of work! I may eat a fancy dessert in celebration.

Of course, there are at least another hundred or so miscellaneous cassettes + equally sizable collections of DATs, mini-discs, open reel tapes, VHS tapes, mini-dv, and every other recording format imaginable still to be digitized. A lot of work ahead of me but I felt this was enough of a milestone that I should shout it from the rooftops. Feel free to shout along with me, or at least have a piece of cake!

- W.A.Davison

www.recordism.com

Comments

  1. Master at Work!
    Hope we will see/hear all this stuff or part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment