the name thing

For many years now, I've been almost exclusively using my real name "William" rather than the nickname "Bill" which I grew up with. I say almost exclusively because up to now I have allowed old friends and family to continue calling me "Bill" and have, in a few rare instances, used the name "Bill" myself when it seemed like doing otherwise would create problems.

HOWEVER...as of today, Oct. 4, 2009, I will no longer answer to the name of "Bill" nor will I accept the use of the name "Bill" in reference to me under any circumstances.*

So sayeth William. Get used to it!

- William A. Davison

* except perhaps in the historical sense. For example, in reference to works from my Neoist years when I performed and exhibited under the pseudonym "Bill Satan". That would be alright, I guess.

Comments